Blockchain and International Trade, Development & Aid (Washington, DC)
September 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-5
The GBA International Trade Working Group and the United Kingdom’s Department for International Trade invite you to the British Embassy to learn how blockchain technology fits into a new global trade ecosystem. The old rules of commerce and trade are giving way to new paradigms. Learn how London has become a Global City with a global outlook. Driven by innovation, London has an unparalleled depth and breadth of talent and resources.
We will discuss:
- The blockchain technologies and organizations that have solutions for international trade and commerce
- How innovators and pioneers can take advantage of the global resources available from a city that is not defined by its borders, rather it is defined by its eco-system
- How tax and other incentives work to shape how companies can maximize profits by partnering with international colleagues
- Regulatory frameworks and issues impacting the selection of facilities, employees, and customers
Tomorrow’s global trading environment involves new technologies, new capabilities, and frictionless trade. The new environment is integrating technology, finance, and information. Come and find out how blockchain is impacting international trade.
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) and the United Kingdom’s Department for International Trade invite you to the British Embassy to learn how blockchain technology impacts the management of international aid.
Countries like the United Kingdom generously dispatch aid to foreign and domestic recipients. However, in many cases, poor information, bureaucracy, inefficient supply chains, and sometimes fraudulent and criminal activity thwart the best of intentions. The UK is not alone in experiencing these challenges. Local, regional, national, and international aid organizations face similar problems.
Find out how blockchain technology provides solutions and answers for international aid and development organizations.
We will discuss:
- The blockchain technologies and solutions for international and domestic aid organizations
- How blockchain training can help springboard new business and economic development
- Using blockchain technology to manage and track funds in transparent and accountable ways
- Using blockchain technology to improve supply chains reducing waste and fraud
This event is intended to inform and provide an environment where the private and public sectors can connect, communicate, and collaborate to improve how we distribute aid.
Location: British Embassy, 3100 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
See the other events during Government Blockchain Week