- This event has passed.
Blockchain, Healthcare, and Ethics Online Discussion (Free)
April 27 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-5Free
- Ingrid Vasiliu Feltes, PhD, is a healthcare futurist with extensive experience in the healthcare industry as a founder, executive, consultant, and public speaker. She currently is the Chief Quality and Innovation Officer at MEDNAX Healthcare Solutions. In addition to her many accomplishments, Dr. Vasiliu-Feltes was a member of the University of Miami (UM) Faculty Senate, UM Medical Group Faculty Council and UM Institute of Bioethics and Health Policy. Dr.Vasiliu-Feltes is a bioethics and digital ethics advocate and ambassador. She continues to teach and speak on digital technology, business strategy, compliance, and ethics. She is also the GBA Ethics Officer.
- Kenneth Goodman, PhD, FACMI, FACE, is the founder and director of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine’s Institute for Bioethics and Health Policy and co-director of the university’s Ethics Programs. Additionally, he is a co-founder of the North American Center for Ethics and Health Information Technology and past chair of the Ethics Committee of AMIA (American Medical Informatics Association). He is also a Fellow of the American College of Epidemiology (FACE), and past chair of its Ethics Committee. Currently he directs the Florida Bioethics Network and chairs the UHealth/University of Miami Hospital Ethics Committee and the Adult Ethics Committee for Jackson Memorial Health System.
- Reid Blackman, Ph.D. is the founder and CEO of Virtue. Reid is also a Senior Advisor on Ethics to Ernst & Young and sits on their AI Advisory Board, as well as IEEE’s Ethically Aligned Design Initiative. His work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, and he regularly speaks at various venues including The World Economic Forum, Cannes Lions, Forbes, the NYU Stern School of Business, and Columbia University. Prior to founding Virtue Reid was a professor of philosophy for a decade at Colgate University and the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, where he also served as a Fellow for the Parr Center for Ethics. He received his B.A. from Cornell University, his M.A. from Northwestern University, and his Ph.D. from the University of Texas, Austin.
After their opening remarks, we will open up for discussions on topics including:
- Healthcare – The Big Picture
- Clinical Trials Management
- Data Management/Access/Control + Consent Management
- Drugs Supply chain & Anti-Counterfeiting
- Insurances (Claims Management/Frauds Reduction)
- Improving Administrative Processes
- Value-Based Healthcare System
- New Business Models in Healthcare and the Role of Tokenization
- From Acute Care to Prevention – The Role of Blockchain in 4Ps Medicine
- Regulatory Such as HIPAA & GDPR
- Technical Implementation & Challenges
- Business Challenges
- Cultural Challenges
Want to learn more? Attend a Blockchain Applied Digital Ethics Course.
Interested in speaking on this panel, fill out the Speaker Volunteer Form. GBA members are invited to apply.
Are you looking for, or do you need blockchain-based healthcare applications, capabilities, products, or other resources? We are assembling a
Subscribe to the GBA Mailing List to keep current about our activities and events.
To join the discussion go online at https://zoom.us/j/676962315
Or one-tap mobile
+19292056099,,676962315# US (New York)
+13126266799,,676962315# US (Chicago)
To dial by phone call one of these numbers:
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 676 962 315
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aiMm35mTt