- This event has passed.
Blockchain Financial Specialist (GBA Certified) – Columbia, MD
December 4, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm UTC-5
This course satisfies all of the requirements for the GBA Specialist Certification. However, the course focuses on government financial policies, issues, and use cases.
Many authors and speakers at conferences describe blockchain as transformative. But what does that mean?
Blockchain was first introduced via the Bitcoin Whitepaper in 2008. Soon after that other cryptocurrencies and use cases exploded into existence. These new forms of transactions and business processes have never been seen before. The concept of decentralized governance of a currency involving hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions without anyone in control was revolutionary. The idea that anyone could mint their own currency or create tokens that could be used globally and anonymously did not fit the existing legal and regulatory models.
This new “capability” allows retail banks to execute cross-border payments in seconds, without central banks and at lower costs. It allows for monetary transactions to exist outside of banking systems used by governments to monitor and influence economic activity. It erodes governments ability to control capital flight and potentially impacts every type of value transaction in society.
This course will address the impact of blockchain technology on government financial systems. It addresses topics including how does blockchain and cryptocurrency impact:
- Redefining economic sovereignty
- Understanding the new capital flight
- Governance of the money supply & inflation
- International, national & local sovereignty
- Government sovereignty vs consensus algorithms
- Global and national banking systems
- Role of the central banks
- Fractional reserve lending
- Government revenue collection
- Monitoring & taxing cryptocurrency
- Token generation, air drops, & mining
- Alternative revenue sources
- Government tokens
- Smart contracts
- Identifying & reducing tax evasion, & fraud
- Government budget, accounting, & transparency
$200.00 for non-GBA members
$150.00 for GBA members