- This event has passed.
Perspectives on Cryptocurrency, Privacy, and Anonymity
August 27 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am UTC-5Free
Join the GBA Tax Working Group as they share interim results from their study, the Impact of Cryptocurrency Adoption on Governments.
The group will describe how the development, deployment, and adoption of various cryptocurrencies will impact the government’s ability to monitor, influence, and control economic activity. The report compares and contrasts individual’s desire to remain anonymous with the government’s role in protecting their societies. We will specifically examine:
- How will the use of unregulated transaction channels impact privacy and anonymity?
- How much economic activity will be transacted outside of regulated financial institutions?
- How will the use of cryptocurrency wallets, and ATMs impact privacy & anonymity
- How will national digital currencies impact the adoption of decentralized currencies and privacy coins?
The GBA will be releasing the formal report on the Impact of Cryptocurrency Adoption on Governments during Government Blockchain Week.
- Mark Montoya (Moderator), Chief Data Officer, GBA. His recent certifications in blockchain and cryptocurrencies include Hyperledger technologies and FinTech Ethics and Risks. Have made presentations on cryptoeconomics, decentralized finance, privacy coins, and the Rise of the FinTechs.
- Shiv Aggarwal – GBA Identity Management Working Group Leader, and CEO of MyEarth.id, solving the problem of Identity Management using Cryptography and Digital Ledger Technology. Shiv is a technology entrepreneur, with a focus on products and services in niche areas. Shiv has been actively working in the Blockchain industry and has in-depth knowledge of Blockchain and Digitial Ledger technologies. Learn more. Listen to the GBA podcast, the Future of Money, Governance, and the Law, Episode 2.
- Prof (Dr.) h. c. Joerg Molt – GBA Germany Chapter Lead, Author, President of the Satoshi School, ethical hacker, international conference speaker, philanthropist, and consultant. Learn more at the GBA podcast, the Future of Money, Governance, and the Law, Episode 14.
- Ksenija Cipek – Ms. Cipek is the Director/Head for Tax Risk Analysis for the Ministry of Finance Croatia, Tax Administration. She is an international tax expert, lawmaker, project leader in the Ministry of Finance, Tax Administration Croatia. Lecturer at the University of Law, Zagreb. As a project leader implemented a compliance risk management system in the Croatian Tax Administration. Researched digitalization and blockchain technology related to taxes and tax administration.
- David Auton – Managing Director, Morpheus Analytics. Morpheus focuses on research and business intelligence services within the cryptocurrency sector. Mr. Auton is a project management professional with a broad range of experience across wealth management, institutional banking, funds management, and insurance. He has extensive expertise in mergers, integration, demergers, and compliance.
- Sachin Meier – Mr. Meier is the Founder & President of the Georgetown Cryptocurrency Club. He has led technical and economic research. He has presented and taught technological and economic concepts and organized education, marketing, and social media outreach regarding FinTech and cryptocurrency.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/98589334496
This event is free, but please register below
This event is at 9:00 AM (Washington, DC Time)