- This event has passed.
Cryptocurrency, Fiat Currency, and the Banks (Online Discussion)
July 13, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC-5Free
We will discuss:
- How will the injection of trillions of new dollars impact the cryptocurrency ecosystem?
- How will all of these cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Libra, China’s Digital Currency/Electronic Payments (DCEP), and the US Digital Dollar impact the banks?
- What impact will this have on currency markets, stock exchanges, investments, interest rates, and financial regulations?
- How will it impact governments?
Some people thought that cryptocurrency was relegated to drug dealers and the remote fringes of the dark web. Today virtually every country, industry, and major institution is thinking about and planning for using blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Join us online as we discuss the impact that cryptocurrency adoption will have on the future of money, governance, and the law.
Our distinguished panelists will be:
- Our distinguished panelists will be:
- Ksenija Cipek, Ministry of Finance, Croatia, Tax Administration
- Mark Montoya, Chief Data Officer, Government Blockchain Association. Mr. Montoya is also a senior business analyst for a US Federal Financial Regulator and holds multiple certifications in blockchain, data management, and financial domains.
- James McDowell, Alabama Securities Commission. Mr. McDowell is a Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Fraud Examiner, and Certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator. He has extensive experience with financial systems and digital commerce.
- Sachin Meier – President of the FinTech Club at Georgetown University. Member of the GBA Financial Regulatory – Tax Working Group and Cryptography and Economic Researcher.
This event is free. But, you must register below.