The Future of Money, Governance, and the Law (Washington, DC)
March 25, 2021 @ 9:30 am - March 26, 2021 @ 6:00 pm UTC-5Free
The Capstone Event During Government Blockchain Week
Leaders from around the world will look decades into the future and plan for the Future of Money, Governance, and the Law.
See who last year’s speakers were and see the organizations represented by over 450 attendees from the last conference. Watch the presentation of the GBA 2020 Annual Achievement Awards for Innovation, Social Impact, Leadership, and Courage. See photos from the event and listen to the GBA Podcasts about The Future of Money, Governance, and the Law. The Evening reception was amazing with live entertainment, augmented reality, and top-tier mixologists!
2021 Conference Features
The full list of speakers will be announced by December 30. Below are the speakers that have been confirmed to date. Volunteer to speak now before all of the speaking slots are full.
Don Tapscott, C.M., BA, BSc, M.Ed, LLD
Co-Founder & Executive Chairman, Blockchain Research Institute
Adjunct Professor, INSEAD
Don Tapscott is one of the world’s leading authorities on the impact of technology on business and society. He has authored 16 books, including Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything, which has been translated into over 25 languages.
Don’s most recent and ambitious book was co-authored with his son, Alex Tapscott, a globally-recognized investor, advisor and speaker on blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies is Changing the World was published in May 2016 and is, according to Harvard Business School’s Clay Christensen, “the book, literally, on how to survive and thrive in this next wave of technology-driven disruption.”
In 2017, Don and Alex co-founded the Blockchain Research Institute, whose 80+ projects are the definitive investigation into blockchain strategy, use-cases, implementation challenges, and organizational transformations.
Don is a member of the Order of Canada and is ranked the 2nd most influential Management Thinker and the top Digital Thinker in the world by Thinkers50. He is an Adjunct Professor at INSEAD and former two-term Chancellor of Trent University in Ontario.
- Amelia Powers Gardner, Utah County, UT, Finance, Internal Audit, and Elections Office
- Chris Snook – Managing Director, LODE Studio & Chairman of the World Tokenomic Forum
- Darren Soto – Co-Chair, US House of Representatives Congressional Blockchain Caucus
- David Utzke, PhD – Cybercrimes Investigator, the United States Government, Associate Professor, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Digital Assets
- Elizabeth Tanner – Director, Business Regulations (Cabinet Member), Rhode Island
- James McDowell – Senior Securities Analyst, Alabama Securities Commission (ASC)
- Jeff Peel – Software Sector Specialist for North America, Australia, New Zeland, and Europe for the UK Dept for International Trade
- Amit Jindal, PMG Member, Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Blockchain Technology, STPI, Govt of India
- Ksenija Cipek– Head of Tax Risk Analysis, Ministry of Finance, Tax Administration, Republic of Croatia
- Mark Montoya – Senior Analyst for a US Federal Financial Regulator / GBA Chief Data Officer
- Marcella Atzori, Blockchain High-Level Expert, Ministry of Economic Development, Italy / European Commission
- Nena Dokuzov – Lead, New Economy and Blockchain Technology, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) / Republic of Slovenia Delegation
- Steven Maheshwary – Governor’s Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Sector Lead, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Evening receptions
- VIP Luncheons
- Connect, communicate, and collaborate with the Qbix Conference App
- 2021 GBA Annual Achievement Awards (Nominations now being accepted)
- Sponsorship available –Contact Gerard Dache
- Social Media Tags #FoMGL #GBA-AAA (GBA Annual Achievement Awards)
Stay Tuned For Updates: Subscribe to the GBA Newsletter
This event is free for GBA Members (Join Here)
You must be logged into the site to register.
This event is for GBA members only. Please log in to register for this event.