The Future of Money, Governance, and the Law (Washington, DC)
March 25, 2021 @ 9:30 am - March 26, 2021 @ 6:00 pm UTC-5Free
The Capstone Event During Government Blockchain Week
Leaders from around the world will look decades into the future and plan for the Future of Money, Governance, and the Law.
See who last year’s speakers were and see the organizations represented by over 450 attendees from the last conference. Watch the presentation of the GBA 2020 Annual Achievement Awards for Innovation, Social Impact, Leadership, and Courage. See photos from the event and listen to the GBA Podcasts about The Future of Money, Governance, and the Law. The Evening reception was amazing with live entertainment, augmented reality, and top-tier mixologists!
2021 Conference Features
- Track 1: State & Local Governance
- Track 2: National Governance
- Track 3: International Governance
- Track 4: Cryptocurrency Adoption and Impact
- Track 5: New Governance Models and Paradigms
See the full description of the Conference Tracks.
Don Tapscott, C.M., BA, BSc, M.Ed, LLD
Co-Founder & Executive Chairman, Blockchain Research Institute
Adjunct Professor, INSEAD
Don Tapscott is one of the world’s leading authorities on the impact of technology on business and society. He has authored 16 books, including Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything, which has been translated into over 25 languages.
Don’s most recent and ambitious book was co-authored with his son, Alex Tapscott, a globally-recognized investor, advisor and speaker on blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies is Changing the World was published in May 2016 and is, according to Harvard Business School’s Clay Christensen, “the book, literally, on how to survive and thrive in this next wave of technology-driven disruption.”
In 2017, Don and Alex co-founded the Blockchain Research Institute, whose 80+ projects are the definitive investigation into blockchain strategy, use-cases, implementation challenges, and organizational transformations.
Don is a member of the Order of Canada and is ranked the 2nd most influential Management Thinker and the top Digital Thinker in the world by Thinkers50. He is an Adjunct Professor at INSEAD and former two-term Chancellor of Trent University in Ontario.
Blockchain Pioneer (1991 – Present)
Chief Scientist at Yugen Partners (2018-Present)
Mr. Stornette is one of the founding fathers of blockchain technology. He co-authored a scholarly work with the first mention of a blockchain architecture in a 1991 publication. Satoshi Nakamoto’s whitepaper, “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System,” cited Stornetta’s work three times out of the eight references. The famous industry-defining white paper was essentially built on Stornetta’s concepts about disrupting the fintech industry, as he has thought about blockchain technology for the last thirty years. Today Mr. Stornetta is the Senior Scientist at Yugen Partners, a private equity firm investing in companies leveraging blockchain technology. His institutional-quality approach ties together his blockchain-driven investment ideas, coupled with his seasoned investment process.
- Amelia Powers Gardner, Utah County, UT, Finance, Internal Audit, and Elections Office
- Amit Jindal, PMG Member, Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Blockchain Technology, STPI, Govt of India
- Brian Quintenz, Commissioner, US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Chris Snook – Managing Director, LODE Studio & Chairman of the World Tokenomic Forum
- Congressman Darren Soto – Co-Chair, US House of Representatives Congressional Blockchain Caucus
- David Utzke, PhD – Cybercrimes Investigator, the United States Government, Associate Professor, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Digital Assets
- Dotun Rominiyi, Blockchain Architect, London Stock Exchange
- Elizabeth Tanner – Director, Business Regulations (Cabinet Member), Rhode Island
- George Pullen, Professor, University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law
- James McDowell – Senior Securities Analyst, Alabama Securities Commission (ASC)
- Jeff Peel – Software Sector Specialist for North America, Australia, New Zeland, and Europe for the UK Dept for International Trade
- Ksenija Cipek– Head of Tax Risk Analysis, Ministry of Finance, Tax Administration, Republic of Croatia
- Mark Montoya – Senior Analyst for a US Federal Financial Regulator / GBA Chief Data Officer
- Miles Vaughn, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance Attorney, Cogent Law Firm
- Lee Bratcher, President, Texas Blockchain Council
- Marcella Atzori, Blockchain High-Level Expert, Ministry of Economic Development, Italy / European Commission
- Nena Dokuzov – Lead, New Economy and Blockchain Technology, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) / Republic of Slovenia Delegation
- Omar Bouaichi, Data Technology Director Ginnie Mae – Office of Enterprise Data & Technology Solutions, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Pankhuri Bansal, Economist/ Blockchain Expert at the United Nations (UN/CEFACT)
- Steven Olson, OCIO Congressional Programs Manager at U.S. Library of Congress
- Steven Maheshwary – Governor’s Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Sector Lead, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Evening receptions
- VIP Luncheons
- Connect, communicate, and collaborate with the Qbix Conference App
Network with conference attendees from organizations including:
- European Commission
- United Nations
- Government Blockchain Association
- India Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
- UK Department for International Trade
- US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- US Department of Commerce
- US Department of Treasury
- US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- US Government Accounting Office (GAO)
- US House of Representatives
- US Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- US Library of Congress
State & Local
- Alabama (US)
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives (US)
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Rhode Island (US)
- Suffolk County, New York (US)
- Utah County, Utah (US)
- Washington State (US)
- Banque de France
- London Stock Exchange
- Bryan University
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Virginia
Members of the press, please contact Evan Harris, GBA Director of Communications for press passes to this event and to arrange for interviews with speakers and VIPs attending the event.
- 2021 GBA Annual Achievement Awards (Nominations now being accepted)
- Sponsorship available –Contact Gerard Dache
- Social Media Tags #FoMGL #GBA-AAA (GBA Annual Achievement Awards)
Stay Tuned For Updates: Subscribe to the GBA Newsletter
This event is free for GBA Members (Join Here)
You must be logged into the site to register.
This event is for GBA members only. Please log in to register for this event.