Future of Money Governance and the Law (US Capitol)
January 31, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 8:30 pm UTC-5
Government leaders from around the world will discuss what they plan to do with blockchain and cryptocurrency in 2020. The speakers are public-sector officials that will describe what they have done and plan to do with blockchain and cryptocurrencies in 2020 and beyond. Speakers include legislative and administrative leaders from local, state, national, and international government agencies around the world. If you work for a government agency and are planning any blockchain or cryptocurrency actions for 2020, Volunteer to Speak.
The Topics Include:
- Global Adoption, Banking, and Regulation
- Protecting Property, People & Communities
- Government Service Delivery, Interoperability, and Integrity
- National Security & Competitiveness
- Preparing for the Future
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Albert Forkner, Banking Commissioner, Wyoming Division of Banking
- Bryant Nielson, Executive Director, Blockchain Training Academy
- Chris Snook, Chairman at World Tokenomic Forum and Sandcastle Impact Fund
- Donald Kersey, General Counsel, Office of the West Virginia Secretary of State
- Elizabeth Tanner, Director, Business Regulations (Cabinet Member), Rhode Island
- Gerard Dache, Executive Director, Government Blockchain Association
- James McDowell, Senior Securities Analyst, Alabama Securities Commission
- Ksenija Cipek, Head of Tax Risk Analysis, Ministry of Finance, Tax Administration, Republic of Croatia
- Mihaela Ulieru, President IMPACT Institute for the Digital Economy
- Ron Kim, Member, New York State Assembly
- Shawnna Hoffman, Chair, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s (CFTC) Distributed Ledger Tech. & Market Infrastructure Subcommittee
Special thanks to Bill Rockwood and Congressman Darren Soto for their support of this event.
In addition to an incredible line up of speakers, we will:
- Debut the GBA
- 2020 Roadmaps from each of our working groups so that everyone can see what the governments and the GBA members have planned for 2020. This way we can all work together to connect, communicate and collaborate around government use of blockchain technology.
- Directory of Production-Ready Blockchain Solutions (Only GBA member applications & products will be listed)
- 100k initiative to train 100,000 blockchain developers in 2020
- Announce the winners of the GBA Annual Awards for Leadership, Innovation, Social Impact & Courage. The awards ceremony will be live-streamed globally.
- Use a technology application (QBIX) to help conference attendees connect, communicate and collaborate
On-site participants are limited to 450 attendees. However, global remote participation will be available through Ez-EXPO.
We are also inviting members of the broadcast and print media to cover this event
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Will Groah for additional information.
Ticket information will be available soon. Subscribe to our mailing list for additional information as it becomes available.