Prerequisite: GBA Certified Specialist
This course builds on the GBA Certified Specialist course by providing students with the leadership skills to manage and direct blockchain projects.
It is intended to help students understand how to estimate, plan, track and manage blockchain development projects. These types of projects have issues that are typically not associated with more traditional projects. They include:
• Blockchain technologies are so new, the level of skills and experience are typically not as robust as traditional development projects
• Blockchain projects can have software code that is immutable and committed to a blockchain
• Legal and regulatory compliance issues associated with assets like tokens and cryptocurrencies may not be applicable in traditional development projects
• Interoperability of blockchains and extremely complex interface agreements may deal with many more unknowns
• Integrating blockchain applications with traditional software applications requires new tools and techniques
• Integrating blockchain applications with connected devices introduces many new issues
• Securing data feeds using blockchain technology is a new operational concept
Beyond managing projects, students will learn how to lead through disruptive paradigm shifts. during this course, students must apply the information that they have learned and then propose a blockchain based solution to a real-world use case. This course includes some instructor-led content designed to challenge existing paradigms and traditional limitations. Some of the topics discussed are:
• What are Paradigm Shifts
• Blockchain in the Context of History
• What Does This Technology Mean?
• Competing Perspectives
• Some Blockchain Government Impacts
• Adapting to Change – Real Life Examples
The students present their proposed solution in a shark tank like an event. Each student has an opportunity to present and review proposals. While some learning is delivered through instruction, much learning springs from the epiphanies that the students discover while working on their projects.