- This event has passed.
GBA Identity Management Discussion (Online)
May 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-5Free
There are approximately 1 billion people without any form of identity and over 3 billion people without any digital footprint. Today, a digital identity is crucial for social and financial inclusion. Further, the recent global pandemic has pushed many in-person interactions like voting, meeting, and almost all transactions to digital interactions. But what happens when billions of people have no digital identity.
There are currently many organizations and entities working on standards, technologies, and legal/regulatory frameworks to address these issues. Come and join the GBA Identity Management Working Groups as we discuss blockchain-based identity management solutions.
- Shiv Agerwal, CEO of Earth.Id. His company is solving the problem of Identity Management using Cryptography and Digital Ledger Technology. Shiv is a technology entrepreneur, with a focus on products and services in niche areas. Shiv has been actively working in the Blockchain industry and has in-depth knowledge of Blockchain and Digitial Ledger technologies. He also is the GBA LEad for London, the UK, and Europe.
- John Callahan, CTO of Verdium. His company integrates with your existing corporate authentication infrastructure without the need for additional hardware. Veridium is an official Premier partner of Google Cloud and we integrate with Citrix, partner, and Okta among others. Your employees or customers verify their identity with biometrics from a mobile or web app, which strengthens your existing solutions beyond tokens or passwords.
- Will Groah, Executive Director of Cloudocracy. His company seeks to facilitate coalitions of government, supply-chains, and individuals to embark on journeys to establish value-based trust ecosystems towards achieving highly secure and empowered private business ecosystems. These new advanced identity-based ecosystems are mission defined to enable governments and organizations to reduce costs, complexity, and add business value while also protecting individual data privacy, health, and biometric information, while also reducing risks and economic impacts of cybersecurity data breaches.
Each speaker will give opening remarks. Afterward, we will open the discussion on topics including:
- Data Privacy
- Federated Identity vs Self-Sovereign identity
- Verifiable Credentials
- Identity & Access Management (IAM) Solutions
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Identity Commercialization
The GBA Identity Management Working Group is also developing an Identity Management Resource Directory. Also, if you are interested in being a panelist, please fill out the GBA Speaker Volunteer Form. See out other Identity Management Events.