- This event has passed.
Government Crypto Mining PPP Discussion
February 9 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm ESTFree
Why Not Mine Government Money?
New capabilities allow new paradigms. For centuries governments have minted or printed their national currencies. And for many of those governments, an uncontrolled appetite for more spending has led to printing money, currency devaluation, and ultimately their ruin. No government today is immune from the same fate.
Governments have created revenues from taxation, fees, and printing money. However, there is a new type of monetary asset that has been developed that requires some consideration. Public, decentralized currencies like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not subject to the same fate. There are many other ways that the cryptocurrency economic stakeholders have learned to generate. They include mining and other tokenomic policies. Why can’t governments use some of these new methods to generate income for the governance of their constituents?
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) is looking for people who are interested in this subject. Once we put together a team of people that are serious about the topic, we will launch a pilot project to generate income for public sector entities. This could be a public-private partnership (PPP).
- Gerard Dache – Mr. Dache is the Executive Director of the Government Blockchain Association. He will be discussing what countries around the world are doing with respect to cryptocurrency mining and exploring the impacts that cryptocurrency is having on government revenue. The discussions will include alternative government revenue models.
- Randall Lee Pirus – Mr. Pirus will describe how state and local governments can deploy IOT sensors and generate revenue by mining cryptocurrency while supporting their critical infrastructure. Mr. Pirus is one of the GBA founders and has extensive experience with blockchain, cryptocurrency, and infrastructure from around the world.
Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 922 4772 6980 Passcode: 982163
One tap mobile
- +13126266799,,92247726980#,,,,*982163# US (Chicago)
- +19292056099,,92247726980#,,,,*982163# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abtswqQlCE
If you want to speak at this event please fill out the