- This event has passed.
IEEE Blockchain for Agriculture Forum
November 28 - November 29$399.00
Optimizing and securing the “Food-Chain” from ground to table
Should I Eat That? Can Blockchain Answer the Question?
We eat to live. And what we eat is vital to our survival. When it comes to fresh produce and meat, there are many factors that can impact the safety, security and optimization of the food value chain, including:
- food and seed contamination
- disease outbreaks in livestock, manufacturing and processing
- climate change impact on soil and irrigation
- inaccurate temperature tracking, handling and shipping of products
- limited financial and commercial resources for smaller farmers and retailers to further or invest in production
- widespread food recalls
- “unprotected and uninformed” consumers