Scaling Impact for the SDGs Hackathon
September 21 - September 22Free
Who: Blockchain Developers, Sponsors, and Mentors
What: Developers and entrepreneurs will work to solve three challenges framed by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – focused primarily on:
Goal 6: Clean Water & Sanitation
Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
Goal 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
Microsoft Azure, Orbs, JPMorgan’s Quorum, and Exonum
*ADDITIONAL BLOCKCHAINS AND TECH PARTNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON*
Our tech partners and designated mentors will provide hackathon teams with the necessary tools and information to build on these blockchains in advance of the hackathon.
- Hackathon teams will be limited to a minimum of 3 participants and maximum of 4; gender diversity is strongly encouraged.
- Hackathon teams must include a minimum of one developer and one individual focused on strategy or business.
- All team members must be present for the 2-day in-person hackathon.
- Developers are encouraged to apply both individually and as a team. If you don’t have a team and are selected to participate, we will match you with a team.
- Mentors should either have a solid technical background and experience building on/using one of the aforementioned blockchains OR extensive international development and/or strategy experience.
- Mentors will advise teams before and during the hackathon.
- Mentors are expected to attend the hackathon in-person.
- Please note that there are limited spots available for mentors.
DO YOU HAVE A BLOCKCHAIN WE SHOULD USE FOR THE HACKATHON? Contact Us to Become a Tech Partner or Support.