- This event has passed.
Taking Technology Global
November 17, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC-5Free
This event will focus on the incentives and advantages available to expand your technology business outside your own borders. Technology organizations can discover what assistance is available to help deploy their solutions internationally.
Recorded Video Link (Not Yet Edited)
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) and the United Kingdom’s Department for International Trade, Finance & Professional Services (US Mid-Atlantic Region) are hosting the first in a series of public forums on taking technology globally. The event will be moderated by Gerard Dache and Hadiza Bamgbose.
The UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT), Financial and Professional Services (FPS) team based in Washington, DC is a proud member of the GBA. They support US fintech companies that use or develop blockchain solutions and other digital innovations ultimately grow their businesses overseas. DIT provides a fully integrated advisory service, delivering the latest business intelligence through a global network of commercial teams worldwide. Their free and confidential services include but are not limited to market intelligence, financial incentives, taxes, introductions to the key government or private sector organizations, and visa information.
Other GBA member organizations participating in this public forum are:
- Diligentiam, a reliable partner for due diligence and transaction advisory success
- The Texas Blockchain Council, an organization that promotes blockchain technology initiatives that drive growth and benefit the citizens of Texas and
- CPRAS, an enabler that helps UK public sector & corporates to procure technology-based solutions particularly in the Financial Services sector.
Topics & Speakers include:
- How to Utilize the US Tax Code to Finance International Growth
- Andrew Parrish, CEO, Diligential – This presentation will identify specific areas of the United States Tax Code that can be utilized to help businesses open offices internationally. The presentation will address how the integration of the world economy presents tax advantages and incentives for foreign investment. These tax incentives come in the form of deductions, non-refundable tax credits, and refundable tax credits. We will also discuss how the CARES act enhanced the usefulness deductions and credits significantly.
- Benefits and Incentives to Expand in the United Kingdom
- Cristina Pirela, Vice Consul – DC Financial & Professional Services, (DIT) – Cristina is part of the team at the British Embassy, DC providing support to US companies wanting to expand to the UK. She will introduce some of the other DIT sector specialists that the team works with in the UK.
- Jeff Peel, Sector Specialist, United Kingdom’s Department for International Trade (DIT) – He will describe the fully integrated advisory service that DIT provides, delivering the latest business intelligence through a global network of commercial teams worldwide.
- Alpesh Patel, Dealmaker, UK DIT, Global Enterprepreneur Programme (Asia-Pac, Mid-East) – He will describe the Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) program. The GEP provides strategic advice and other services to investors and companies/customers. He will share his expertise regarding creating an expert pitch deck and provide insight into the extensive range of government support available for businesses undertaking R&D and innovation.
- Matthew Heim Ph.D., Head of Business Development, North America, Amplyfi – He will describe how the UK’s Fintech Bridge Pilot Programme works and how organizations can get connected to UK business opportunities.
- Richard Hallewell, Principle, CPRAS – He will describe the process for selling fintech solutions to local governments in the United Kingdom and describes how the process may be streamlined. This is an excellent topic for organizations looking to globalize their customer base.
- Why Texas is the Jurisdiction of Choice for Blockchain Innovation
- Lee Bratcher – This presentation describes the work of the Texas Blockchain Council and the work that they are doing to make Texas the destination of choice for blockchain innovation.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.