Criminals, terrorists and terrorist financiers use three main approaches to move illicit profits for the purpose of disguising its origins and
integrating it into the formal economy. This presentation discusses the use of techniques for law enforcement agencies to use crowdsourcing techniques to enforce compliance with cryptocurrency illicit activity.
This presentation was delivered to Gerard Dache during the Global Blockchain Summit in Denver, CO on October 3, 2019. The agenda included:
- Why Are We Here?
- The State of Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies
- Government Responses
- So What?
- Get Connected
This presentation discusses the challenges that blockchain and cryptocurrencies pose for law enforcement, defense, and intelligence professionals and describes the analytical tools and techniques that can be used to identify and stop bad actors who use cryptocurrencies.
This presentation discusses the top ten use cases for blockchains by central banks. They include:
- Retail Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- Wholesale Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- Interbank Securities Settlement
- Payment System Resiliency and Contingency
- Bond Issuance and Lifecycle Management
- Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer
- Information Exchange and Data Sharing
- Trade Finance
- Customer SEPA Creditor Identifier (SCI) Provisioning
- Cash Money Supply Chain
- The presentation also provides guidance for getting more information.
This presentation describes why blockchain technology is the most transformative technology in human history and describes the impact that it will have on central banks and the banking system in general. It includes a brief survey of how central banks around the world are approaching blockchain