This working group has the following objectives:
• To provide economic well-being to the present and future generation.
• To maintain a healthy environment and life support system
• Purpose-driven strategies to understand the issues to shape and drive the adoption of meaningful solutions that help restore ecosystems on land and oceans
• Support sustainable food, farming, and fishing
• Promote sustainable products/ commodities
• Support economic democracy and financial transaction monitoring to ensure only sustainable practices and products are being used. “Economic Democracy” relates to ensuring the people-to-people flow of products, services, financial/technical/training resources in ways that by-pass the gatekeepers in emerging markets (banks, moneylenders, politicians).
• Maintain records of sustainable practices and monitoring of natural resources, habitats, and endangered species
• Engage the public and private sector in dialogue about sustainable and environmental stewardship tapping into private sector corporate social responsibility and sustainability advocates