- Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- North Carolina Department of Information Technology
- UK Department for International Trade (DIT)
- UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- UK National Crime Agency (NCA)
- UK National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU)
- US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Washington, DC Financial Services Regulatory Sandbox and Innovation Council
The event was organized by Ms. Hadiza Joy Bamgbose, a GBA member and a Trade & Investment Associate at the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT). She recently participated in a blockchain event at the United States Capitol on the Future of Money, Governance, and the Law with hundreds of blockchain and government leaders from around the world.
England has a long tradition of leadership in the financial services industry. London is considered one of the major global financial centers. This relationship between the UK Government and the Government Blockchain Association (GBA) marks an initial step in offering government blockchain-related training at embassies around the world where GBA chapters are present. The GBA and the British Government could team together to duplicate the US Capitol event in London. The synergies between a global financial leader like the UK and the premier government blockchain association in the world may help London to become the global financial leader in a new financial ecosystem that the world is just beginning to understand.